OSM UK Postcode Mapping
Tools and Reports
- OSM Value Errors
- List of erroneous addr:postcode values found in
OpenStreetMap data for the UK.
- OSM Location Discrepancies
- List of OSM objects where there is a discrepancy between the
object's location and the centroid of its addr:postcode
from Code-Point Open.
Resources for Postcode Mapping
- Code-Point Open
- Official UK data from Ordnance survey, available for re-use under
the Open Government Licence v3 (hence suitable for use in
OSM). Includes all postcodes, but only includes a single centroid
location for each unit.
- Ragged Red: Displaying
Code-point postcode centroids
- Details of tiles displaying Code-Point Open Centroids, that can be
loaded in OSM editors, or shown on the OS Compare Map.
- Tool for comparing mapping of food outlets with official hygiene
- New Postcodes
- Map showing newly created postcodes. Useful in well-mapped areas,
where people want to check the new devlopments are being added to OSM.
- British Postcodes on OpenStreetMap
- Blog post from 2013.
- Objects with Missing
- Overpass turn query to show OSM objects with street addresses
(addr:street=*) but no postcode (addr:postcode=*).