Robert's OSM Notes
Various notes on aspects of OpenStreetMap and data licensing
- Transition from the OS OpenData
Licence to the Open Government Licence
- Information about the transition from the OS OpenData Licence to
the Open Government Licence for OS-derived geodata in the UK.
- OS OpenData Licence
- A discussion of the OS OpenData Licence and its likely
incompatibility with the ODC's Open Database Licence, as used by OpenStreetMap.
- Companies' House Free Company Data
- Discussion of the issues arising from a lack of a clear licence
for this dataset.
- OSM Licence change from CC-By-SA to ODbL
- Statement on the problems with the way the licence change was
handled and the resulting problems for UK mappers.